- 199074 - MP&P Engineer 5
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a MP&P Engineeer 5 for an opening in kent, WA.
This positon will be 100% onsite.
An engineer of coordinates definition of complex requirements for tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes used in the manufacture and engineering design of products and approves their use. Establishes standards for specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of tools, materials, parts and processes. Represents the Company on technical committees to develop and revise industry standards. Promotes standardization across the Company. Consults on evaluation of emerging technologies for potential application to business needs. Establishes standards to qualify new tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes to meet requirements. Consults on integration of new technologies. Reviews and approves test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements. Coordinates complex analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of tools, materials, parts or processes. Coordinates broadly based corrective and preventive actions. Consults on design, development and qualification of sophisticated computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements. Uses project management tools to meet cost, technical and schedule requirements. Incorporates environmental health and safety, LEAN and Quality principles into (1) materials and processes, (2) research, design and qualification, (3) work procedures and (4) labs and office areas. Consulates with others, establishes work statement, defines strategies and/or provides discussion with peers while keeping management informed. With our variety of work, you won’t be bored!
• 14+ years of engineering experience on an integrated product team with space materials and chemical processes
• Enjoys working in team environment of engineers and technicians of multiple disciplines
• Knowledge of material structure, properties, performance and processing of ceramic powders, monoliths, composites, foams, coatings. thermal protection and/or thermal control materials, components and sub-assemblies.
• Ability to measure and predict various performance impacts (e.g., material and processes, structures, design) on components, assemblies and systems.
• Knowledge of attributes and performance capabilities of various analytical laboratory instruments and the ability to use and maintain instruments (e.g. pH meter, turbidimeter, balances, ICP, GC, GC/MS, FTIR, GFAA, Auto Analyzer).
• Knowledge of material processing for metals (e.g., welding forging, heat treat, machining, forming), polymers and composites (e.g., autoclave curing, lay-up, co-curing, repair), sealants and finishes processing (e.g., plating, painting, surface preparation, fay surface sealing, fillet sealing), and ceramic (e.g., high temperature processing, machining) and electronic materials (e.g., soldering, printed circuit board cleaning, conformal coating), with an emphasis for space applications.
• Knowledge of contamination control principles that enable the translation of end item system requirements into contamination control plans and the ability to oversee and verify implementation.
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Advanced knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly)
• Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics). Knowledge of the interaction between departments/disciplines and how their products/processes affect one another and impact non-engineering processes (e.g., Operations, Logistics, Business).
• Knowledge of organic chemical processes (such as top-coating, priming, surface cleaning).
• Experience with Space Vehicles materials and processes
• Strong technical experiences as demonstrated through technical projects and or research
• Experience with coatings and chemical synthesis, specialty composites
• Experience with assembly automation (robotics, end effector design, etc)
• Experience with laser processing or interest.
Accredited Bachelor's degree with 14 or more years' experience, Master's degreee with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.