- 199165 - Embedded Software Engineer III
- $41.66 to $47.14 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Embedded Software Engineer III for a Hybrid opening in Milwaukee, WI.
• Work with systems engineering to identify software requirements.
• Complete requirements and design decomposition into software items and units.
• Provide project effort estimates for scheduling.
• Work as the main software developer on a development team.
• Assess system sequence and timing needs as well as real time requirements and capabilities.
• Identify and complete necessary white box testing for software items and units.
• Designs and code software per IEC62304 compliant development process.
• Work with other departments to resolve issues found during development.
• Identify and setup proper testing/development equipment needed for product development.
• Write documentation related to software development.
• Work with the Verification and Validation group during testing of products.
• Provide training and technical support for service and marketing departments.
• Train and mentor junior level engineers.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• 5+ years of programming experience.
• Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent is preferred.
• 7+ years relevant experience is preferred.
• Computer programming (C++11)
• Experienced with Boot Loader and Task Scheduler (non-OS) embedded development desired.
• Experienced with Linux based embedded application development desired.
• Familiar with TCP/IP based connectivity.
• Familiarity with code scanning tools such as static code analysis desired.
• Familiarity with automated unit testing.
• Advanced or intermediate Office application skills.
• Fluent or intermediate English (both written and oral).
• Ability to work on a cross-departmental team.
• Ability to work well in groups.
• Good listening skills.
• Open to new ideas.
• Ability to learn new skills and concepts easily.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Good organizational and planning skills.
• Must be a team-player, possess outstanding customer service skills and be self-motivated.
• Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition, and drives for completion of tasks and projects.
• Must have the ability to initiate and develop creative solutions.
• Possess the ability to manage time and prioritize critical priorities.
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of this job the employee will be sitting for extended periods, will need to use a computer/mouse/keyboard/monitor and will communicate and listen both in-person and over the phone.
Work environment: The work environment is in an office setting and has a minimal noise level.
Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.