- 199251 - Welder 1
- $25.88 to $36.24 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Welder 1's for a contract opportunity in Beltsville, MD.
Performs welding processes on aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, Inconel and steel parts and assemblies to required tolerances using welding metals and metal alloys. Determines layouts and welds parts and assemblies according to engineering drawings and specifications. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Responsible for all necessary documentation and results required on work orders and reports that must be included after product processing.
Must be flexible and willing to perform assembly fit-ups when necessary to support department work flow. Working with others to achieve daily production targets and following directions well is vital for this position. Candidate must be willing to support other shifts based on business needs and must be willing to work overtime when necessary.
Candidate will be responsible for safety, quality, and productivity when performing work in this role. Producing product with high yield at sound production efficiency levels is expected from this position.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years welding experience
• Ability to read blue prints and technical drawings
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to follow established policies and procedure is a must
• Basic MS suite and computer skills
• This positions requires abilities to include:
• Ability to be certified and perform work IAW AWS D17.1 Aerospace Welding, in Aluminum, Inconel, Stainless Steel, and Titanium.
• Follow technical guidance of lead technician
• Work with and around ammonia and other chemicals
• Relay and receive information
• Understand and apply basic arithmetic functions
• Follow basic instructions and guidelines
• Pay continuous attention to detailed operations
• Apply diversification to approach a fairly routine processes
• Understand sequence of operations or actions to be taken
• Understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
• Move objects from one location to another
• Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
• Change physical locations based upon need
• Be subject to both external and internal environmental conditions.
• Communicate over ambient noise level
• Be subject to a variety of physical conditions
• Be subject to a variety of atmospheric conditions
• Able to wear respirator or other safety gear
• Able to be subject to areas which could cause various phobias due to height or closed spaces
• Able to operate heavy equipment
High School Diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.