- 199325 - Software Engineer 5
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 5 for a hybrid contract opportunity in Berkeley, MO.
Required to be onsite 2 days a week.
· Leads activities to develop, document and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
· Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system
· Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
· Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics
· Leads software research and development projects
· Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
· Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
· Trains and mentors’ others
· Works under consultative direction
Experience working on Mission Systems Products
· Experience with large scale C++ system development
· Hands on experience developing on the Linux platform and Windows
· Familiarity/Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices
· Experience with embedded software architecture/development/design
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Familiarity/Experience developing code that runs on VxWorks
· Familiarity/Experience with Phantom Fusion
· Familiarity/Experience with Open Mission Systems (OMS)
· Working knowledge of Containerization technology
· Working knowledge of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.