- 199474 - Logistics Clerk
- SC-South Carolina
- Hilton Head
- Up to $21.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Logistics Clerk for a contract opportunity in Hilton Head, SC
Involved in various aspects of raw material and finished goods handling. This includes but not limited to the processing of Domestic and International Sales orders, and RMA’s. Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders provided by supervisor.
• Count items to ensure that the correct number of packages have been reconciled
• Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities.
• Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
• Look through work orders to determine order-picking activities and pick orders according to the specific instructions
• Match order information in order cards with information on picked items to ensure conformity.
• Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the appropriate
• Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company
• Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed
• Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each
• Select the method of consignment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and procedures
• Arrange for a carrier vehicle or appropriate
• Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against receiving documentation.
• Maintain files of shipping
• Trace missing or lost
• Assemble cardboard containers or pick pre-assembled
• Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on Organize records of goods
• Maintain record of all transactions and processing of domestics and international shipments through UPS, FEDEX and trade management systems.
• Schedule pickups with freight forwarders for international shipments
• Resolve product shipment variances; interact with finance and other related areas as necessary, e.g., shipped, not invoiced reporting.
• All other assignments as required
• Requires lifting, up to 35 pounds for an individual, up to 50 pounds with assistance
• Frequent standing, sitting, lifting and reaching overhead
• Significant use of standard office equipment, including computer keyboard, monitor, and mouse
• Able to work weekends and evenings as required to meet company objectives.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience ether in shipping software such as UPS and FEDEX systems.
• Experience in the processing of international and hazmat shipments is desirable.
Preferred / Desired Qualifications:
• Intermediate PC skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Demonstrated attention to detail and organization
• Effective communication and writing skills
• Proactive, professional, self-starter and ability to work well in team environment
• Requires a minimum of high school education or equivalent
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.