- 199500 - Payroll Analyst/Tax Accountant
- $30.34 to $37.92 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Payroll Analyst/Tax Accountant for a contract opportunity in Irving, TX.
• Amending Federal Tax returns as assigned
• Amending State Income tax returns as assigned
• Amend State Unemployment returns as assigned
• Amend Local returns as assigned
• Submitting W-2 corrections to federal and state entities and filing amended returns
• Applying for state and unemployment withholding account by legal entity as needed
• Ensuring compliance for timely and accurate reporting of all payroll taxes.
• Assisting in maintaining the federal, state and local quarterly payroll deductions to tax payment reconciliations
• Creating and filing the employee and employer federal, state and local payroll tax reporting and payments for amendments as filed
• Tracking refunds based on amendments filed
• Coding returned checks for deposit and GL postings
• Maintaining changes in unemployment rates on ADP Smart Compliance
• Maintaining states by entity information on ADP Smart Compliance
• Reporting headcount to the Federal and State departments of labor
• Responding to federal and state tax and wage inquiries
• Researching and responding to Case workflow email notices for employee work and home address combinations
• Reconciling tax reporting and payments made throughout the calendar year to the W-2 file
• Assisting with the Analyzing merger, divestiture and acquisition activity, for tax entity impacts and implementing resulting actions as needed
• Assisting with the reconciling of tax accounts with Payroll Tax Accounting personnel and ability to analyze and take correction actions as necessary.
• Payroll tax electronic and paper record retention according to company and department policy, including filing.
• Assisting with International tax filings and research as needed
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
• 4 - year degree preferred
• Accounting degree preferred
• CPP preferred but not required depending on experience
• 10 years Payroll tax experience and/or a combination of 10 years payroll tax/accounting experience required
• Microsoft Excel/spreadsheet analysis experience required
• SAP payroll experience preferred
• ADP Tax Software experience preferred
Qualities the successful candidate must possess:
• Strong aptitude for system work, including spreadsheets and query reporting
• Ability to support and lead payroll tax projects
• Ability to cross train others in tax support
• Ability to update process documentation
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly
• Ability to work both independently and in teams
• Ability to work under pressure and in tight deadlines
• High degree of accuracy and detail oriented
• Strong math and accounting skills required
• Strong organization skills required
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to develop interpersonal relationships
• Conflict management skills
• Peer relationships skills
• Problem solving skills
• Time management skills
High school diploma/GED is required. 4 year degree preferred.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.