- 199568 - Buyer
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a buyer for a hybrid contract opportunity in Trumbull, CT.
Supports acquisition and sourcing of materials and resources required for the company for direct and/or indirect material including assisting with contracts (LTA) and order creation. Responsible for Non-Product Requisitioner activities in a commercial focused business environment. Support non product receipts, tracking/reporting by business segment (supplier, commodity, and customer) coupled with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with other disciplines utilizing a team approach is essential to this role. The ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously while applying sound business making practices are critical components of this position. Maintain metrics as required to monitor process performance and progress towards business objectives.
• Non-Product Requisitioner
• Manages Workflow queue to ensure approval process is not static
• Work with IT if workflow system encounters issues
• Process workflows request and convert them into Purchase Requisition (PR)
• Train requestors on how to initiate a non-product workflow
• Monitors Invoice Mailbox to request Invoice approval from requestors
• Processes vendor invoices for payments via Service Entries
• Normal turnaround for processing Services Entries is 24hrs from receipt of Invoice approval
• Negotiate pricing and contractual terms
• Manage supplier relationships and performance issues
• Manage weekly metrics and goals
• Other tasks as assigned by Management.
• 5+ years’ of Buying/Procurement experience in working with external vendors and setting performance standards of excellence.
• Previous experience with SAP ERP system or similiar
• Strong computer skills MS office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• SharePoint knowledge a plus.
• Strong analytical skills, business judgment and adaptability skills
• High level of data analysis and reporting experience
• Communicate effectively with internal/external customers and management using written and or verbal methods as required
• Ability to establish strong relationships with our supply base, internal customers
• Focus on results and be proactive
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Must be an excellent Team player
• Ability to identify process improvements using LM Continuous Process improvement principles & methods.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and organize multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Experience influencing and aggressively holding suppliers accountable to established performance metrics.
BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of experience in business is preferred.
Position will be Hybrid 50% of the time on-site
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.