- 199571 - Aircraft Maintenance and Repair
- Up to $23.50 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance and Repair for a contract opportunity in Trumbull, CT.
Purpose of Job: Consistently and accurately disassemble, clean, evaluate, perform repairs, modifications and assembly on Aircraft components in accordance with approved data. Assigned Duties.
1. Work independently with limited supervision.
2. Use precision measuring instruments and gages such as feeler gages, dial indicators, micrometers, calipers.
3. Perform repair of detail components by filing, stoning, lapping and polishing.
4. Using power and hand tools for drilling, sanding and riveting.
5. Write in a clear and concise manner the results of evaluations and be able to communicate repair requirements for work performed within our facility or sent to outside sources.
6. Adhere to all EH&S requirements, FAA & EASA regulations, company rules, policies, procedures and corporate initiatives.
7. Follow procedures found in component maintenance manuals, service bulletins, ORI’s, OREI’s, drawings, check sheets, etc.
8. Must be competent in the use of torque wrenches and have a complete understanding of SAC torque specification SS9300.
9. Chemically treat repaired surfaces in accordance with approved data.
10. Review and interpret related paperwork to ensure proper identification of parts, operational sequence and record information on appropriate documentation.
11. Drill, ream, tap, change studs, install helicoils, install bushings and liners by shrink fitting and arbor press.
Experience with the above job duties.
• Automotive trade school preferred
• FAA Airframe license but not required.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.