- 199603 - Software Engineer
- St. Charles
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in St. Charles, MO.
The Weapons Software team is seeking a Mid-level Software Engineer to develop, integrate, test, and deliver complex software solutions. The engineer will work with a multi-discipline engineering team to design, develop, and deploy operational flight software on precision guided munition weapon systems. The engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle to implement real-time embedded software applications for guidance, navigation, and mission management.Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Performs software project management and software supplier management functions. Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under general direction.
• Collaborate with a multi-discipline engineering team to create and implement Operational Flight Program software solutions.
• Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle in an Agile development environment.
• Develop solutions using Ada, C#, and Python.
• Test your software and assist system level testing to verify correct software functionality.
• Analyze problem reports and troubleshooting software defects.
• Develop leadership skills and experience.
• Opportunity to work directly with United States Air Force and Navy customers.
• 1 or more years of experience in Real-time embedded software development.
• Experience in developing software using Object Oriented principles.
• Experience working in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• Experience with Ada, Python, or C#.
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
• Experience with Git or a similar version control system.
• Experience developing and tracing software requirements.
• Accredited Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 3 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required.
Full-Time-1st Shift (08:00am-03:30pm)
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.