- 199685 - Cable Assembler
- Colorado Springs
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a cable assembler for a contract opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
• This position will perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as rack, cables and harnesses.
• Production of wire harness and cable assemblies using hand and/or power tools (including specialized crimpers, soldering tools, screwdrivers, torque wrenches, wire strippers, precision measuring instruments, etc.).
• Daily cable and harness techniques (wire cutting, stripping, cable prep and layup, connectorization, crimping, pinning, soldering, jacketing, braiding, molding, use of lacing tape and spot ties for open wire bundles, testing, etc.).
• Route and build Cat5e/Cat6 cables in a rack and test functionality.
• Use customer schematics, drawings, parts list, wire run list, specifications, and assembly router for step-by-step instructions on how to manufacture the wire harness and cable assembly.
• Make continuity checks on work-in-process and completed assemblies.
• Conduct in-process inspections on product in accordance with quality specifications
• Work collaboratively with management team to correct and improve upon any documents related to the assembly process.
• 1-2 yrs solder experience.
• 1-2 yrs exp w/ military cable assy (e.g. D38999).
• 1-2 yrs exp building Cat5e or Cat6 cables and able to route cables in rack.
• 1 yr exp with proper cable and harness assembly techniques (wire cutting, stripping, cable prep and layup, connectorization, crimping, pinning, soldering, jacketing, braiding, molding, use of lacing tape and spot ties for open wire bundles, testing, etc.)
• Ability to distinguish colors is required
• Technical knowledge of electronics and mechanical designs.
• Ability to read and understand the customer schematics, drawings, parts list, wire run list, specifications, and assembly router for step-by-step instructions on how to manufacture the wire harness and cable assembly.
• 1-2 yrs exp wire harness assemblies
• IPC J-STD-001 certified a plus
• IPC/WHMA-A-620 certified a plus
• IPC 7711/7721 certified a plus
• 1 yr experience with prototype/first article builds
• Rack Assembly Experience is required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.