- 199698 - Machinist II
- Downers Grove
- $23 to $26.00 DOE
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Machinist II for a Direct Hire opportunity in Downers Grove, IL.
Chipton Ross is seeking a Machinist I for a Direct Hire opportunity in Downers Grove, IL.
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of different computerized numerical controlled machine tools to perform a wide range of turning, drilling, milling, tapping, or resistance spot welding operations on precision machined components in a work-cell environment. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
- Machine and install or re-cut chuck jaws as required.
- Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets.
- Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
- Perform machine set ups as required.
- Download and upload programs into machine, and make minor programming adjustments as needed.
- Operate different types of computerized numerical controls to manufacture a finished machined product by performing a wide range of machining operations within tight tolerances.
- Make adjustments to offset coordinates to compensate for materials, tooling or machine center conditions.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and make appropriate adjustments.
- May be required to train less experienced machinists.
- Set up and verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
- Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve problem situations as required.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation. Will be required to inspect the work of other machinists.
- May be required to operate multiple machines.
- Rotate between various department work centers as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Enters data into ERP system.
- Supports continuous improvement/RBS activities.
- Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25 lbs
- Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating CNC lathe, CNC mill machines, or resistance spot welder (any combination of two machines), with intermediate knowledge and experience with setting up machines.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience, and knowledge of machining principles and methods for computer numerical controlled machine tools required
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and blue prints in English.
- External candidates will be required to pass a Machinist test which measures mechanical aptitude.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for an entire shift.
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
All shifts open
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.