- 199722 - Software Engineer
- $22 to $66.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract opportunity in Marietta, GA.
This position is 100% onsite.
- Background in cybersecurity within software or hardware
- Extensive experience developing and maintaining core security documentation artifacts for A&A Packages including Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Security Plan (SSP) and/or Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedures
(IA SOP), Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and Risk Assessment Report (RAR)
- Experience utilizing Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG), Committee on National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI) 1253, and NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF) to design and harden information
systems commensurate with customer needs.
- Experience analyzing, decomposing, and allocating security controls into executable security requirements at the system, sub-system and component level
- Experience with the development and sustainment of real-time embedded systems (avionics systems or similar)
- Experience with secure software development concepts (e.g. static code analysis, dynamic code analysis, STIG/SRG hardening, etc.) as applied to high-level programming languages (C, C++, Java)
- Experience developing security architecture representations (e.g. Accreditation Boundaries, Physical Diagrams, Logical Diagrams, Functional Diagrams, and Rack Layouts), system design modeling (UML, SysML, Rhapsody, MagicDraw), as well as
- Experience with engineering change processes and/or configuration control processes
- Experience with Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems (e.g. GreenHills INEGRITY, LynxOS, VxWorks, Yocto)
- Background/knowledge working with information systems/environments that utilize the Open Mission Systems (OMS) standard and Universal Command and Control Standards Initiative (UCI) message set
- Experience developing certification test procedures (CTPs) and executing customer witnessed security assessments utilizing NIST 800-53A assessment methods
- Expertise/knowledge in both compliance testing and penetration testing methodologies.
- Experience with Agile project management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, etc.)
- Experience with DoD 5205.07 V1-4: SAPF manuals and applying it to engineered solutions.
- Experience conducting technical trade studies and assessments
- Experience with creating and presenting technical information to senior-level executives and customers
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient technical writing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with excellent communication skills (written and verbal communications) and have the ability to work in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working in an aerospace design environment with exposure to DoD customers and their accrediting authorities.
- Ability to travel as required
B.S. degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Security, Cyber Security Engineering)
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.