- 199831 - Scientist I, Protein Manufacturing
- CA-Bay Area
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist I, Protein Manufacturing for a contract opportunity in Fremont, CA.
Scientist I, Protein Manufacturing is responsible for the manufacturing of products and completes associated documentation adhering to standard operating procedures (SOP) and current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). Works with chemicals and biologicals to manufacture or qualify material for IVD use. Participates in process improvement projects.
What will you do?
• Manufactures conjugated micro concentrates, protein conjugates, fragmentation of BSA, and buffers following cGMPs.
• Purifies conjugates on the microgon diafiltration, HPLC, FPLC and size-exclusion chromatography.
• Performs analytical and functional testing of conjugates.
• Weighs, transfers, and mixes required chemicals.
• Reviews in-process and completes batch records.
• Participates in daily standup meetings or scheduling meetings.
• Participates in weekly lab clean-ups and expired material segregations, and monthly cold box clean-ups.
• Maintains and orders lab supplies as needed.
• Maintains and analyzes lot histories for trends and discrepancies.
• Maintains, troubleshoots, and validates equipment as appropriate.
• May participate in process improvement projects such as updating processes and/or equipment to improve efficiencies and support business needs.
• May write, review, or modify SOPs, work instructions, and reports with guidance.
• Keeps department manager updated on all issues.
• Performs other job duties as required.
• 0-2 years of laboratory experience. Experience can be derived from internships or positions held post-graduation.
• Hands-on experience with microgon diafiltration, HPLC, FPLC, Disc Centrifuge technique, and spectrophotometer is desired.
• Laboratory skills and knowledge of safety precautions are a plus.
• Experience in working with potentially hazardous chemicals and human source materials is a plus.
Must have excellent math and working knowledge of the metric system (weights & volumes).
• Intermediate word processing and spreadsheet software skills with excellent oral and written communication skills. Good interpersonal skills.
• Individuals must work well in a team environment and be adaptable to changes in priorities.
• Self-motivated, independent, and strong critical thinking.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
• Familiarity with Quality System Regulations: cGMP/GDP, ISO, and IVD regulations is a plus.
• Manual dexterity. Must be able to lift 25 lbs routinely. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
• Applicants should have a BA or BS degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent
WORK HOURS: M-F (9-5pm) - Full time.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.