- 199894 - Software Engineer
- NC-North Carolina
- Fort Bragg
- Up to $62.50 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a software engineer for a contract opportunity in Fort Bragg, NC.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will provide reliable and efficient build, packaging, and deployment pipeline for our software development team(s). This exciting opportunity will involve building out the next generation Dev Ops delivery team, process and tool which will support ongoing growth for a variety of SaaS applications and systems.
We are looking for an individual with excellent skills in advanced Linux Server automation and administration and has been responsible for performing initial configuration and setup of systems, monitoring system resources daily, making recommendations for upgrades, troubleshooting software, and network problems, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened, tuning systems to ensure optimal performance, following and recommending changes to backup and disaster recovery plans, and patching systems to the latest versions.
Continuously automates more of work that has traditionally required manual intervention, stays current on technology by reading trade publications, has a desire to make a difference in an organization, wants to design and build great solutions, identifies areas for improvement in process execution and implements them and has excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
The Senior Systems Administrator with a DevOps mindset takes ownership of his/her area of responsibly and completes tasks with minimal direction. The Senior Systems Administrator understands that tasks are not completed until documentation is created or updated with the relevant information. As tasks are being completed, the Senior Systems Administrator understands that securing the systems is necessary and is one of the top priorities. The Senior Systems Administrator performs other related duties as assigned and must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize many projects that are time-sensitive.
• 5 years in AWS, Azure, .NET, Linux and/or Windows Administration
• Use of Bash, Python, and Ansible for Linux OS and application automation
• Manage and deploy application for a Kubernetes cluster.
• Set up Cron Jobs to automate task
• Use of GitLab/GitHub/Maven for configuration management to drive system and application deployments
• Collaborate with team and others to share operational best practices
• Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Work in a distributed/cloud-based environment, including Amazon Web Services & Kubernetes and related technologies.
• Ability to document work for maintenance within knowledge base(s)
• Ability to quickly pick up unfamiliar technologies and tools
• Proficiency with use of JIRA or other task management tools
• Administer the source control system including merging and branching code, backup operations, user management, and performance tuning.
• Manage build and deploy source code branches for applications to multiple environments while working with multiple project teams.
• Maintain lower and production environment application servers.
• Provide systems monitoring for release engineering systems and application servers.
• Troubleshoot and fix build environment problems.
• Review and update existing release engineering environment and identify areas for improvement.
• Maintain the build and deployment processes that are currently in place as well as look to constantly improve the processes to increase efficiency.
• Have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker and IAT Level II certifications (consisting of CCNA Security, CySA+**, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, CND, SSCP
Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities with a history of building thoughtful software solutions.
Excellent communication skills are a must to work with multiple departments during the release process.
Demonstrated experience with one or more source control (Git and CVS) and continuous integration (Jenkins) systems.
Hands on scripting skills with Bash, Ansible, Python, Perl, or other scripting languages (programming in JAVA, C# or others are a PLUS)
Knowledge and experience with various OS including Windows and Linux.
Experience with build tools including Maven, NPM, Ant or others required.
Strong DevOps tool knowledge including Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or others (A PLUS)
Experience with a variety of database technologies - SQL, Oracle, Mongo, or MySQL
Experience using an agile development methodology.
Experience with computer programming
BS/MS in Computer Science or related engineering degree is required or 3+years of professional experience in release engineering, tools development or similar function.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.