- 199931 - Technical Writer
- NJ-New Jersey
- $25 to $35.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Writer for a contract opportunity in Bridgewater, NJ.
The position is with the Laboratory Chemicals Division and is based in Bridgewater, NJ.
You will partner with members of the Operations team to update manufacturing procedures, quick start guides, and other relevant process documents. You will help solve complex technical writing and editing issues and support document control workflows. What will you do?
• Facilitate workshops and conduct personnel interviews to establish accurate and comprehensive documentation of current processes.
• Use templates to update documents and coordinate Document Control procedures.
• Proofread and edit documents for consistency, effectiveness, and overall quality.
• Manage document changes using information from multiple sources, prioritize work to meet deadlines, and build consensus with multiple reviewers.
• 2+ years of proven experience writing procedures preferably in a manufacturing environment; equivalent combination of education, training, and meaningful work experience may be considered
• Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment; cGMP or ISO 13485 preferred
• Hands on document management systems (e.g. Agile) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to understand and document complex manufacturing processes with high level detail (written and visual) while ensuring procedures are clear and easily understandable by end users
• Highly proficient with MS Tools such as Word and Visio
• Knowledge of Engineering/Document Change Order processes
• Initiative and self-direction in planning, organizing, and problem solving
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in writing, journalism, or English
WORK HOURS: Mon-Fri First Shift/Full-time.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.