- 200010 - Engineer Embedded Software 3
- AZ - HYBRID
- $53.44 to $84.59 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Embedded Software 3 for a contract/hybrid opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded software, simulation, and test tools through the full software life cycle for launch vehicles. This includes the development of software requirement specifications and design documentation as well as participating in software process activities including peer reviews, integration testing, and configuration management. The candidate may also work in conjunction with a software project manager to develop schedules, track progress, lead a development team, and support internal and external program and customer meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
Top 3 skills needed: C/C++, Linux, RTOS, Agile
Experience with large real-time embedded systems and the full software development lifecycle.
• Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
• Experience in embedded real-time software development, debug and unit test
• Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) environments including VxWorks, LynxOS or other equivalent RTOS
• Experience with an Agile software development process
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interrupt Service Routine, Device Driver, and chip level software development and debugging experience
• Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools (debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
• Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development tools
• Experience with space craft or launch systems embedded software development is highly desired
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. This position is REMOTE and offers work from home flexibility, but candidate must be available to report onsite to Chandler, AZ as needed or in the event a hybrid schedule is requested.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.