- 200110 - Quality Assurance Engineer
- Up to $34.00 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for a contract opportunity in Troy, AL.
Product Quality seeks a highly motivated individual to provide leadership as a quality engineer in the investigation of product discrepancies and drive root cause and corrective action, and achieve reduction of Scrap, Rework and Repair (SRR) and customer quality escapes and assure quality standards are implemented and adhered to throughout the product lifecycle. Candidate must be able to perform in a customer-focused work environment, maintaining effective communication with internal/external customers including DCMA (US Department of Defense). Position requires coordination with Engineering, Operations, and Procurement on product quality issues and effective issue resolution.Additional responsibilities include support of product safety and EH&S initiatives.
• A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
• Proven experience in performing root cause investigations and implementing effective corrective action.
• Knowledge of MS office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Effective communication skills where you are able to structure, prepare and deliver compelling and clear communications to all levels of the organization.
• At least three years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Background in ISO 9001/AS9100.
• Five to ten years in a manufacturing environment performing root cause analysis, mistake proofing, and project management tasks.
Accredited Bachelor's Degree
• Four-year degree in a technical discipline.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x258 or (800) 927-9318 x258
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.