- 200137 - Assembler
- Up to $32.00 DOE
- 9 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for a contract opportunity in Savannah, GA.
Performs a range of skilled repetitive assembly and cleaning operations to produce quality products in a timely manner; performs operations from work instructions.Assembles, modifies, reworks, and/or reassembles production components utilizing drawings, pick tickets, process documentation, and/or verbal instructions; Prepares and utilizes basic hand tools and machines including but not limited to power screwdriver, ruler, solder iron, clamp machine, heat gun, vise, solder pots, crimpers, pinning machine, and automatic wire stripers; Cleans parts prior to production use as required; Identifies wires with use of basic color code sequence; Participates in first time production runs of new products; Supports cycle count activity, inventory handling, and inventory transactions following established material procedures; Participates in continuous improvement and team building activities; maintains productive working relationships with all team members; Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all applicable safety rules and regulations; Completes all required paperwork; Performs clean up, and tool inventory activities; Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• Perform disassembly, assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and various drilling and riveting operations; ensure parts/assembly meet requirements.
• Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable
riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers,
• Cutting and trimming of composite, sheet metal, and titanium parts.
• Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
• Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area and comply with all safety regulations of Airframer.
• Two (2) years related structural/assembly experience
• Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) mechanic certificate (optional)
• Two (2) years of Structure experience required and composite experience preferred
• Able to support flexibles hours
• Able to work in a team with a positive mindset
Accredited Highschool Diploma
Monday to Thursday 06:00am-04:30pm.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.