- 200139 - Systems Administrator
- Up to $52.53 DOE
- 7 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Administrator for a contract opportunity in Springfiled, VA.
Seeking candidates with IT Systems Engineering & Administrator experience with Windows and Linux environments. Will be responsible for providing technical support of the operating systems and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software across the enterprise.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
- Coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• Networks and Computer Systems Administration experience related to Systems Engineer/IT
• Experience with Windows and/or Red Hat systems administration
• Security+, CASP, or CISSP certification required within first six months
• Good analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
(written and oral)
Accresited Bachelor's Degree plus applicable experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.