- 200145 - Quality Inspector
- Up to $22.00 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Inspector for a contract opportunity in Sarasota, FL.
Inspects materials for conformance to engineering specifications and standards to ensure product quality. This position may involve the inspections of purchased or manufactured material, assemblies, sub-assemblies and/ or final devices.
• Inspects parts/materials using appropriate inspection devices, drawings, and methodology.
• Define Inspection Plan for proper sample sizes and key characteristics.
• Records accepted/rejected material quantities in history jacket and database equivalent.
• Use inspection plan for new and existing parts/material.
• Ability to perform First Article Inspections review and approval when required.
• Prioritizes material flow through Inspection with operation personnel.
• Perform transactions for nonconforming materials in applicable system.
• Understand and be willing to learn current measurement technologies (CMM, MicroVue, etc).
• Basic Knowledge of SAP transactions.
• Meet productivity expectations.
• Read and interpret drawings.
• Must execute assigned Standard Work.
• Must be able to work under deadlines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be willing to work overtime or flex schedules as necessary to business.
• 2 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are needed to interact with all facets of manufacturing including but not limited to: Engineering, Quality, Supplier Quality, Purchasing, Materials, Manufacturing and suppliers.
• Analytical and critical thinking. Able to make logical decisions and solve basic problems.
• This position requires thorough understanding of metrology and inspection gauging.
• Knowledge of Inspection planning, sampling plan, key characteristics and critical features are necessary.
• Strong understanding of critical feature codes.
• Sitting 70% / Standing 15% / Walking & lifting 15% (up to 35 lbs.)
Minimal office environment, most of your day-to-day activities will be spent on the manufacturing production floor.
• Background in Quality Inspection
• Knowledge in AS9100 Technical Specification and AS9102 First Article Inspection Process.
Accredited Highschool Diploma or GED.
06:00AM-04:30PM Monday through Thursday.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.