- 200218 - Senior Specialist Project Engineer
- Up to $65.00 DOE
- 8 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Specialist Project Engineer for a contract opportunity in Northampton, MA.
Lead the technical activities of a design team on a developmental program. Work closely with Program Manager, Engineering groups, Manufacturing department and other departments as necessary to expedite project completion and facilitate the overall operation of project team. Essentially act as the Integrated Product Team Lead.
• Facilitate the overall operation and performance of a project team.
• Provides coordination between resource managers/supervisors and Program Manager.
• Provide technical leadership acting as an IPT Lead working with a Chief System Engineer on issues related to subcontractors, suppliers and customers, supports management of the technical risks and opportunities to optimize program performance.
• Ensure that all technical contractual obligations or project baseline requirements are fulfilled, reviews program documentation and other work products created by the program team.
• Work with Program Manager and Lead Engineers to assure adherence to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Provide timely status updates with milestones, issues with plan of resolution to management team
• Contacts are primarily with Engineers, Program Managers, Operation Managers and acts as the primary technical contact for the customer.
• Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and techniques.
• Prepare and monitor engineering project team schedules, plans and budgets, competent in understanding and reporting EV metrics.
• Estimate resource needs for developmental programs.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customers.
• Conduct design reviews internally and with the customer
• Coordinate preparation of work breakdown structures, task descriptions, basis of estimates and other resources required to perform cost estimating.
• Support new business opportunities related to the product.
• Adhere to Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must have prior experience being a Technical / IPT Lead on a developmental program.
• Prior experience mentoring engineers.
• Minimum Education Required: Accredited Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Computer System Engineering.
• Multi-Disciplined Team Lead Experience 10+ years after receiving Accredited Bachelor’s Degree
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.