- 200229 - Software Engineer 3
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Tukwila, WA.
*This position is 100% onsite.
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Performs software project management and software supplier management functions. Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under general direction.
• Develop and enhance our DevSecOps operations in proprietary environments
• Collaborate on idea creation and development of the DevSecOps tool chain
• Support the ongoing lifecycle maintenance of the DevSecOps tool chain
• Support the software quality efforts of our product deliveries to our customers
• Coordinate across multiple teams to ensure DevSecOps functionality integrates with overall program efforts
This position will focus on the following technology areas:
• Agile IaaS/PaaS product development for cloud platforms
• Continuous integration, testing, and delivery of software and software factories
• Automated system testing, integration, and deployment
• Rolling out upgrades to the software factory as needed
• BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Engineering
• Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Go, and/or C++
• Education or experience with the Linux OS
• **Experience with industry standard Automation and CI/CD tools and techniques
• Familiarity with Bitbucket, Gitlab, Gitlab-CI, Confluence, Jenkins, Jira
• TS/SSBI highly desired
• Experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms
• Strong Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools.
• Understanding of secure software development methodologies and Security First mindset.
• Understanding of designing and implementing full stack/Microservice infrastructure.
• Understanding of Istio/Service Mesh
• Have the ability to set up, and manage a tool-chain using tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, ELK, SonarQube, Jira, Prometheus, Fluentd, Helm, Terraform, Ansible, DataGrid, JBoss, Cloud Suite, OpenShift, Docker, and more.
• Understanding of security controls such as DoD RMF, HIPAA, or SOC
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry, (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.