- 200269 - Manufacturing Equipment and Production Machinery Maintenance Manager
- CA-Northern California
- Up to $90.00 DOE
- 11 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Manager for a contract opportunity in Palmdale, CA.
As a Manufacturing Equipment and Production Machinery Maintenance Manager you will manage the maintenance, service, and repair of all company production and manufacturing machinery, equipment, and support systems at a level commensurable with design criteria, operational requirements, and projected facility use. In this role, you will be leading a team of Facility Operations Leaders, Analysts, Planner/Schedulers, Storeroom Attendants Represented employees, Maintenance Engineers, and vendors. Responsibilities of this position include leadership of a technical repair and servicing operation with responsibility for the entire life cycle of the asset, ensuring production machinery readiness and uptime, budget administration, planning and scheduling activities, workflow analysis, Production Operations support, and recommendation of capital acquisitions or modifications.
In this highly visible role, you will manage multiple areas of the maintenance and repair operation with an emphasis on Manufacturing and Production related machinery, systems and equipment. You will perform a variety of managerial duties including:
• Monitor and manage various machinery and infrastructure aspects of the site
• Manage leaders, individual contributors, internal represented employees, vendors and sub-contractors
• Ensure operational readiness of all site manufacturing equipment
• Project utilization plans to support production build rates
• Manage the maintenance, service, and repair of numerous Production machinery assets of varying vintage and complexity
• Implement RCM (Reliability Centered Maintenance) techniques and procedures
• Assist with the development and drive the implementation of predictive maintenance technologies with a focus on uptime.
• Energy management operations
• Maintenance, repair and rearrangement program requirements from project initiation to completion
• Ensure adherence to all applicable codes, policies, procedures and directives
• Manage the allocation of department resources to ensure priority projects are implemented in a timely manner
• Assure prompt resolution of scheduling conflicts
• Manage operations across multiple shifts
• Adhere to various collective bargaining agreements
• Ensure job and cost performance and adhere to design-build requirements.
• Solution equipment and maintenance problems or concerns
• Author SOW’s (Statement of Work) and manage vendors as required
• Apply appropriate policy and procedures
• Monitor job performance, safety, and environmental concern
• Coordinating subordinate (represented and salaried) employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Provide technical guidance and direction as needed
• Develop job descriptions and job plans
• Develop and review PM narratives
• Develop and mentor front-line Facility Operations Leaders and Analysts
• Prior experience directing and managing employees
• Extensive knowledge of and familiarity/experience with Production and/or Manufacturing Machinery and/or Equipment
• Experience managing, operating, servicing, and/or maintaining commercial/industrial machinery, equipment & infrastructure
• Familiarity with administration of large-scale industrial maintenance and repair operations
Desired skills :
• Experience leading in a union environment
• Experience utilizing MAXIMO or other CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) platforms
• Experience with building automation systems and software
• Excellent communicator (technical, written, verbal)
Accredited Bachelor's Degree
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.