- 200295 - Java Application Developer
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- CA - HYBRID
- $56.84 to $71.05 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking multiple Java Application Developer for a contract/hybrid opportunity in San Diego, CA.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
The selected candidate will develop Java applications.
• Work with a team of developers and integrators focused on delivering software products as part of an Integrated Functional Capability (IFC).
• Participate in the software development cycle including design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release.
• Work with object oriented programming, design patterns, pub-sub messaging, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
• Experience with VMware, Redhat Linux, Atlassian Tools (JIRA), JavaFX, ActiveMQ, Data Distribution Service (DDS) messaging, Python, Dependency Injection (DI), SQL a plus
• Work in Agile Scrum teams and take directions from Product Owner and Scrum Master
• Participate in testing process through test review and analysis and skilled in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and continuous integration
• Collaborate with team members on a regular basis.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university and 5 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree and 3 years of related experience.
• Direct experience developing Java applications
• Experience in developing enterprise solutions for JEE in an SOA environment
• Experience with Java microservices, Security+, Agile development, GUI applications, threading, object oriented programming, design patterns, DDS messaging, and web technologies including Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Bachelor's Degree required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. This position is REMOTE and offers work from home flexibility, but candidate must be available to report onsite to San Diego, CA as needed or in the event a hybrid schedule is requested.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.