- 200335 - Software Engineer 3
- $51.67 to $64.59 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 3 for an opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
Support advanced portions of the lifecycle of software development to include requirements definition, integration, and deployment.
- Prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results with limited oversight and direction.
- Apply "systems thinking" to ensure developed products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs.
- Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives.
- The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as C, C++, or Java.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business needs.
Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams and customer personnel.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions based on limited direction and definition.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
- Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
- Security + Certification
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related field.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.