- 200346 - Information System Security Officer
- CA-Central California
- Canoga Park
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Information System Security Officer for a contract opportunity in Canoga Park, CA.
Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package; Manages time to ensure audit records on multiple information system platforms are collected and analyzed in accordance with the approved security plan and discrepancies reported Attend technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned compliance duties; Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities prior to granting access to systems; Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM or FSO; Conduct continuous monitoring of environments to ensure compliance with security authorization packages; May serve as a compliance advisory member on the Configuration Control Board (CCB); Coordinate and document changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with Information Technology (IT) and/or ISSM prior to the change; Formally notify the ISSM when changes occur that might affect system authorization; Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly; Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals; Ensure audit records are collected and analyzed in accordance with the security plan.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and/or Linux system administration (2+ years)
- Familiarity with configuration control and change management (SCCM)
- Experience with networking concepts (switches, network security, TACLANE)
- Experience with security concepts (Data Loss Prevention, Active Directory, and Security Log Analysis)
- Active and continuous learner - either higher education or Continuing Professional Education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present reports to management; motivated to thoroughly investigate, analyze, and document system issues and resolutions
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and to complete assigned projects on time; provides consistent status updates to ensure IT security projects stay focused
- Consistent attention to detail - completes tasks per standard operating procedures; reports discovered anomalies and inconsistencies
- Persistent and creative problem solver - strong troubleshooting skills and determined to find solutions to technical problems; identifies root cause and presents possible solutions to management
- Strong work ethic and a proven professional - respectful, dependable, takes initiative and follows through, dedicated to excellence and getting the job done
- Operating System and networking certifications
- Knowledge of and experience with compliance to government regulations and standards (NIST Special Publications, NISPOM, Risk Management Framework, etc.)
- Direct experience with a Department of Defense (DoD) or Defense Industrial Base (DIB) company supporting critical information systems
The ideal candidate for this position must be able to:
- Report to work on time
- Perform job duties for a specific duration of time or within a given period of time
- Follow directions based on government requirements and company policies
- Interact well with co-workers and customers
- Accept constructive criticism
- Maintain regular/consistent attendance and a full-time schedule
- Maintain current status on projects
- Stay current on training requirements
- Solve issues and incidents in the field and be willing to work after hours as needed to complete an urgent and important task
- Effective service depends upon the contractors performing duties to the best of their abilities; frequent absences will disrupt business operations and create additional work for coworkers; prompt and regular attendance is critical to the success of the company's mission.
Accredited Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate discipline and 3 (three) years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.