- 200361 - Software Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $140.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineering Team Lead for a contract opportunity in Camden, NJ.
In this role, you are expected to manage the software development performance against the plan, and to have a feel for how future performance will look. You will be responsible for managing and reporting this progress information to Engineering Management to inform and solicit help to keep the program on track and to look for opportunities to exceed expectations wherever possible.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact software engineering programs while working closely with technical leads in software, systems, and across engineering disciplines in the Secure Communications and Information Assurance (IA) domain.
• 5+ years relevant work experience as a software developer
• 2+ years project management experience, leading software development teams of 3 or more engineers
• Responsibility to project stakeholders for delivering a software project’s objectives within scope, schedule, cost, and quality
• Identifying, monitoring, and appropriately managing project Risk and Opportunities
• Strong leadership, organizational, and skills including risk management, project scheduling
• Present project execution status to internal leadership and external customers.
• Experience in the Information Assurance (IA) or Cyber Security domain is a plus
• Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or Primavera
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) planning, monitoring and reporting
• Experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM)
• Development of proposals and Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for software components
• Knowledge and experience of different contract types including Cost Plus (Incentive Fee, Award Fee and Fixed Fee), Time & Material (T&M), and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) efforts
Accredited Bachelor's degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics) or an accredited advanced Degree in engineering, technology management or business administration.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.