- 200386 - Electronics Assembler
- $18 to $25.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronics Assembler for a contract opportunity in Bristol, PA.
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Electronics Assembler, routes, wires, assembles and installs electrical-mechanical and electronic components in telemetry systems according to specifications, using fixtures and jigs, hand tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings and specifications to determine assembly methods. Solders surface mount components to printed wiring using microscopes and hand soldering devices in high reliability environment IAW IPC-610_Cl. III standards.
• Responsible for assembling and handling products, equipment and materials per engineering and company's quality system procedures.
• Perform program specific tasks as required to ensure compliance to individual program requirements.
• Assemble printed wiring boards from engineering drawings and sketches using surface mount hardware, soldering irons and microscope.
• Cut wire to specified lengths, using wire cutters.
• Cut plastic sleeves and slip sleeves over wire ends to insulate connections.
• Crimp terminal eyelets and lugs to wire ends, using hand or machine crimping device.
• Route, comb, twist, wrap, tie and attach wire to terminal points, according to layout, using soldering iron and hand tools.
• Connect wiring to accessories, such as connectors, plugs and switches and install accessory assemblies in electrical or electronic units, using soldering iron and hand tools.
• Pot or encapsulate electrical and electronic components and assemblies.
• Follow company procedures for corrective action. Notify Production supervisor if a defect is identified to obtain guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.
• Responsible for following procedures for product assembly/fabrication, equipment operation and sound safety requirements as documented in the company's quality system.
• Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
• Previous soldering experience.
• 6 months to 1 year prior related experience
Requires an Accredited High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 months prior related experience.
• Certified IPC Specialist J-STD-001
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x181 or (800) 927-9318 x181
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.