- 200437 - Surveillance Laboratory
- $22 to $25.00 DOE
- 3 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Surveillance Laboratory for a contract opportunity in Cincinnati, OH.
Testing personnel perform the following procedures and processes, under the supervision of the Technical Supervisor and General Supervisor:
1. Accessioning patient samples
2. Extraction of DNA or RNA from swabs samples using extraction techniques and instruments.
3. PCR amplification of DNA fragments from the extracted swab.
4. Pharmacogenomic genotyping using TaqMan-based qPCR assays and reagents.
1. Adhering to the laboratory's standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, laboratory testing, data analyses, and test record maintenance.
2. Performing proficiency testing on samples or as part of internal proficiency testing.
3. Adhering to the laboratory's quality policies, safety policies, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance policies.
4. Recognizing problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correcting the problem or notifying the appropriate supervisor.
EDUCATION: Personnel performing high complexity testing must possess, at a minimum, an associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
WORK HOURS: 4 - 10 shift Tuesday - Friday 8am - 6:30pm/Full-time.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.