- 200576 - Test Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- San Jose
- $20 to $30.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Technician for a contract opportunity in San Jose, CA.
With a good foundation in electronics and analytical skill, the Test Technician will be responsible for testing mass spectrometers to quality standards and in accordance with ISO/FDA regulations. The Test Technician also assists in engineering and manufacturing pilot builds, as well as making recommendations for production work flow and test procedure improvements.
• Responsible for testing mass spectrometer systems to specifications. In this process, there will be technical issues.
• Required to troubleshoot and fix issues related to spectrum, PCBs and electro-mechanical subassemblies while documenting the investigation with clear details for improvements.
• Required to have GDP to record test results and fill out Device History Records.
• Reject parts to MRB, prepare Rejection Notices, and prepare chemical solutions for mass spectrometer calibrations.
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings, daily 5S walks, and Kaizen events.
• Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, PCB schematics, test procedures, and other manufacturing documentation.
• Ability to train to standards and understand concepts regarding the use of 5S, personal safety equipment, and ISO / FDA expectations.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows 7 operating system is required.
• Must be knowledgeable in Process Improvement Practices, Process Control Monitoring, and Data Entry into PC database/spreadsheet.
• Knowledge of ERPs is required; experience using SAP is a plus.
• Knowledge in Helium Leak Testing is a plus.
• Problem solving, analytical thinking, attention to details and organizational skills are required.
• Must be proficient with assembly tools (wrenches, screw drivers, torque tools, etc), and electronic tools (volt meter, capacitance meter, oscilloscope, etc).
• Must have basic understanding of the Manufacturing Work Order and Inventory Control Systems. Must be able to communicate information with others and read/speak/write English.
* No Lab experience, want Manufacturing Test Technicians
* Experience with testing equipment
* Looking for someone that's good with small hand tools
* Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours per day
* Must be able to push up to 50lbs on a cart w/wheels
EDUCATION: • Associates degree in electronics or equivalent
WORK HOURS: Mon - Fri., 6am - 2:30pm, OT applicable. Some Saturday work.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x340 or (800) 927-9318 x340
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.