- 200695 - Logistics Engineer
- Up to $32.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Logistics Engineer for a contract opportunity in Killeen, TX .
Responsible for assuring inventory sufficiency with respect to mission requirements throughout the life cycle of supported systems. Manages and controls the asset position of customer inventories, especially under the conditions of performance-based logistics (PBL) and total system performance responsibility (TSPR) contracts. Makes and executes decisions for operating inventory to include suppliers, repair facilities, 3PLs and customer locations, including priority interpretation, inventory allocation and asset redistribution as necessary among sources of supply and military operating locations. Responds to military service inquiries; understands and uses various inventory optimization models; forecasts and manages budget requirements; interfaces with company and DoD information management systems; ensures fidelity of asset identification; resolves technical and support problems for assigned classes of items by actively interfacing engineering and suppliers; prepares status reports and metrics relating to supplier performance and mission readiness.
Candidate will perform day-to-day USG supply chain management activities on the APACHE MTADS program at the KSRA. Candidate will have daily interface with various USG Program Sustainment and Repair Operations teams. Candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Processing repair inductions and closures for USG TADS/M-TADS assets to be repaired at offsite Depots and/or Suppliers.
• Processing hardware requests in support of inducted repairs at various off-site repair depots.
• Managing Kit Deliveries in support of hardware selloff and to meet the Fielding schedule by coordinating with Production and Configuration Data Management teams.
• Processing obsolete/unrepairable assets for excess/scrap disposition.
• Performing annual physical inventory and reconciliation of USG/INT’L assets.
• Supporting International Contract Closeouts and Proposal efforts.
• Creating/revising desktop procedures to support execution of contractual requirements.
• Supporting process improvement initiatives.
Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills and the ability to effectively work within a diverse workforce. • Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project). • Ability to interface with a variety of information technology logistics applications
• Ability to multitask and establish priorities to meet contractual requirements/metrics.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional IPT environment.
• Ability to interact with internal customers, cross-functional teams, and management.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.