- 200699 - Lab Technician
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lab Technician for a contract opportunity in Fremont, CA.
Responsible for bulking and filtration container set ups, performs filtrations of bulk materials, and manufactures buffers/stock solutions per manufacturing procedures with limited supervision. Participates in process improvement projects.
• Assist in manufacture of controls and calibrators and complete batch records following cGMPs.
• Perform in-process assays using equipment such as spectrophotometers, pH meters and clinical analyzers.
• Weighing, transfer, mixing of chemicals required.
• Perform product filtrations.
• Clean and steam steel tanks.
• Prepare glassware and steel tanks for sterilization in autoclave and operate autoclave.
• Maintain lab equipment including pumps, pH meters, and flow meters.
• Keep department lead or manager updated on all issues.
• Monitor stocks of common lab supplies.
• Performs other job duties as required.
• Basic lab skills and knowledge of safety precautions.
• Familiarity with Quality System Regulations.
• Experienced working with potentially hazardous chemicals and human source materials.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs routinely.
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
• Must be in compliance with GMP, QSRs, ISO and IVD regulations in the performance of department responsibilities.
• Ability to read and write English and understand instructions written or orally in English.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
EDUCATION: • High school diploma or equivalent. AA degree preferred with some cGMP lab experience.
WORK HOURS: Hours are flexible with a start time of 7 - 9am (8 hours shift)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.