- 200810 - Quality Control Inspector
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- West Hills
- $16.5 to $22.55 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Control Inspector for a contract opportunity in West Hills, CA.
The Quality Inspector I, QC will perform routine QC inspection of incoming goods for various product lines in accordance with standard operating procedures and ensure all specified criteria are met. The position will also be responsible for the support of process flow for all products and to contribute to the daily maintenance of Quarantine control/disposition.
• Ensure completion and accuracy of product and receipt related to quality control records
• Maintain applicable receipt logs, filing of quality control records created during receipt, and maintenance of record retention as required by company documentation policy
• Perform routine QI functions such as equipment calibrations, managing lab supplies and test materials, and maintain a clean and orderly laboratory and receiving area
• Perform incoming product evaluation tests or special test requests to assist product technical teams with process improvements, corrective and preventative actions
• Support database of critical Vendor performance measures for trend analysis
• Support testing and disposition of product returns
• Assist with generating nonconformance report of incoming product failure and notify appropriate parties
• Participate in team meetings to troubleshoot incoming product performance and/or process issue
• Assist with troubleshooting and investigations of Out of Specification results and Quarantine mitigation
• Assist with other QI department functions as needed
• Possess basic knowledge of Supply Chain and Quality Control
• Strong desire to serve all internal customers and the interpersonal skills to communicate clearly
• Operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to perform SAP transaction as necessary
• Strong organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
• Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team
• Proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel
• Ability to read, write and communicate clearly with all levels of organization
• Knowledge of Basic Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and GMP requirements
• Works primarily at site locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
• Extensive walking and counting inside the walk in freezers may be required
• May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use
• Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
• May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
• Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
• Must be able to work overtime if needed
• Any college education or certificates
Accredited Bachelor degree in a biological or related science from an accredited college or university and no (0-1) years of laboratory/progressive relevant experience; OR High School Diploma and a minimum of 1-3 years of laboratory/progressive relevant experience
9AM – 5 PM M-F
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.