- 200941 - Bearing Precision Grinder II
- Downers Grove
- $23 to $26.00 DOE
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Bearing Precision Grinder II for a Direct Hire Opportunity in Downers Grove, IL.
Basic set up on manual machines, minor adjustments and operate CNC, O/D, ID, or surface grinders to perform a series of grinding operations on components used for the manufacture of precision mechanical components. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work from blueprints, process sheets, tooling instructions, and standard charts to identify component/manufacturing specifications.
- Basic set up on manual machines, minor adjustments and operation of CNC, OD grinder, ID Grinder, or Surface Grinders to perform a series of grinding operations on components used for the manufacture of precision mechanical components.
- May be required to operate multiple machines.
- Verify conformance of machined work-pieces to specifications using gauges and related measuring devices.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation.
- Compute such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, feed rates, and machining times.
- Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve problem situations as required.
- Rotate between various department work centers as required.
- Set up and verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
- Enters data into ERP system.
- Supports RBS activities.
- Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25 lbs.
- 3+ yeas previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating precision grinding machines
- Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to read and interpret work instructions in English.
- Ability to record production data on standardized forms. Reports to Manager.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect work-pieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for an entire shift.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x340 or (800) 927-9318 x340
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.