- 201124 - Engineer Software 1
- $92.28 to $103.04 DOE
- 9 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking multiple Engineer Software 1's for a contract opportunity in Aurora, CO.
Software Development in Java and/or Python working in an agile development team using a modern development practices. Candidate will be working on mostly new development for a micro-service event driven architecture using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Helm charts and AWS services. You will also be required to perform maintenance and sustainment engineering for existing baselines which may require programming in C++/C.
• 2-5 years of software development experience;
• Experience with Agile software development using Java, Python and/or C++ software development in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
• Knowledge of object oriented design and software lifecycles
• Experience with version control software
• Experience with supporting operational systems
• Experience with supporting distributed systems
• Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs, AWS Cloud Instances)
• Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Experience working with AWS Services
• Experience with Dockerization and Container Management (Dockers and Kubernetes)
• Previous exposure to working with ground systems (scheduling, tasking, antennas, working with hardware interfaces)
High school diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. This is not a telework or remote work position.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.