- 201155 - Quality Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- Menlo Park
- $60 to $65.00 DOE
- 11 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Quality Engineer for a contract opportunity in Menlo Park, CA.
Responsible for all aspects of assigned Program as Quality Engineer, including internal quality performance objectives, customer interface, program IPT-(integrated product team), and program supplier quality support.
• Schedules and maintains milestones and time-line tracking for key objectives.
• Performs Preliminary Reviews of DMRs and evaluates in-process rejections via QA Process procedures for Non-conforming Material and MRB Activity.
• Performs drawing control and CCB review activities for new and revised documents, ensuring customer notification of all changes.
• Performs Product Sell-Off included final work order test data package review prior to shipment to ensure product performance is within specified standards.
• Ensures Programs supplier quality issue resolution through coordination of resources and support of QC, Purchasing and Engineering groups.
• Overall ownership to Coordinate the Corrective action system for Customers, Suppliers, Internal process and Internal audits. Provide training and support to ensure CAR’s are issued, completed and tracked per schedule and requirements. Provide reports and analysis as needed.
• Interfaces with customers, vendors, and various company depart¬ments to resolve quality problems and provide information, and may perform internal and/or supplier surveys and audits.
• Performs analysis of manufacturing performance and prepares reports for management on quality trends and actions to improve.
• Ensures training of subordinate employees in the area of quality or other required functions.
• Leads interdisciplinary teams to address quality problems via formal Customer, Internal or Supplier corrective and preventive actions.
• Presents oral and visual presentations during technical meetings
• Supports and implements added scope objectives and activities outlined by Quality Management.
Preferred one or more certifications in Quality Sciences such as Lean, 5S, Six Sigma, ISO/AS9100, SPC, ASQ certified engineer/manager/auditor, or similar.
Excellent communication skills and experience in oral and written presentations.
Must have interfaced or performed as a liaison to the customer for QA – ie Experience in this role with DCMA or other government agencies preferred.
Must be familiar with and have experience in design phase activities, manufacturing test and evaluation, working with electromechanical systems and mechanical hardware.
Ability to develop and implement projects requiring interface with design engineers, quality engineers, and supplier and subcontract technical personnel.
Should be familiar with government and commercial specification for Quality Assurance, and Test and Evaluation.
Must be computer literate and have hands-on experience with current MS Office Software utilities and application programs.
• Able to occasionally complete manual activities as part of job including stoop, bend, kneel, and squat and manual dexterity.
• Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
• May be required to move items 25 pounds for distances of up to 25 feet.
• Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
• Based on job duties, and need to visit different areas within the company, may be exposed to fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
Accredited BS / MS degree, with a technical emphasis preferred, with 8 years of related QA experience
In lieu of a degree, 10-12 years consistent Quality Engineering "Hands-on" experience at a Senior Level.
• Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.