- 201157 - Paint Specialist
- CA-Bay Area
- Menlo Park
- $30 to $35.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Paint Inspector for a contract opportunity in Menlo Park, CA.
Responsible for the painting of airborne antenna systems, composite radomes, metal parts and related hardware. This will include preparing, priming and spray painting materials in a controlled environment using a spray gun and spray booth.
• Performs highly complex paint, masking & curing tasks, with various industrial coatings, oven-curing, and finish work.
• Spray paint assemblies, subassemblies and parts.
• Works with epoxies, resins, and other chemical compounds, mixing according to specified formulas.
• Checks tolerances to ensure that fabricated parts meet drawing requirements.
• Performs routine testing, such as pressure testing, resistance testing, and torque testing & paint thicknesses .
• Maintain 6S Compliant work area.
• Performs limited, intermittent physical exertion. Work environment may contain noise, dust, heat, or chemicals.
• Competent using hand inspection tools ie, Calipers & Micrometers
• Spray paint metal, composite and plastic structures in a controlled environment
• Mix paints and primers to manufactures specifications
• Masks surfaces per drawing requirements
• Prepares surfaces per documentation, includes sanding, cleaning and media blasting as required
• Cleans spray equipment and maintains paint booth and curing ovens
• Performs in-process inspection, documents results, maintains records, and prepares reports
• Maintain full compliance with respect to all EH&S and safety requirements.
• Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
• Able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and squat.
• Able to occasionally push, and reach.
• Able to lift 50 pounds close to the body repetitively. (Employees need to ask for assistance and use material handling tools for lesser weight in awkward location and/or body positions and for any items over 50 pounds).
• Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
• Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
• Based upon your job duties, and need to visit different areas within the company, you may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
• Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Accredited high school diploma and/or a minimum of three to five years of industrial painting experience. Also requires math aptitude, the ability to read operation sheets and highly complex blueprints, formulas and scales, and use a variety of sanding and grit blasting tools. Ability to mix and apply mil-spec paints as required by job.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.