- 201170 - Flight Inspector 2
- $35.19 to $39.27 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Flight Inspector 2's for an opportunity in Dulles, VA.
• Perform in-process and final inspections on product throughout the SMF work centers (Receiving, Manufacturing, or Integration and Test) and perform product build documentation review and end-item data package review.
• Perform detailed inspections on both Electrical and Mechanical components at the piece part level as well as the assembly and sub-assembly level.
• Uphold quality standards and workmanship practices in assigned work centers by learning/practicing process specifications and employing quality workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
• Assist in developing training material for assigned work center QA group.
• Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
• Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with procedures and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
• Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation for configuration audit to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
• Act as safety representative during critical and hazardous operations for assigned spacecraft.
Must be able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function.
• Willingness to work off shift activities with occasional overtime, weekend, and Holiday support as required.
• Willingness to support 2nd shift (if required), and an occasionally (though not often) 3rd shift support for short periods of Spacecraft testing.
• Willingness to travel (though not often) in support of S/C level activities is required.
• Fluent in use of Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications.
• Above average technical writing skills is mandatory.
• Associates (2 year) degree in engineering discipline or non-technical 4 year degree from accredited institute.
• Knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, or Radio Frequency (RF) Engineering is a plus.
• Working knowledge of TipQA and/or Costpoint database applications.
• Knowledge in how to read schematics and wirelists is a plus.
• Previous experience working for an ISO-certified company.
Associates (2 year) degree in engineering discipline or non-technical 4 year degree.
School must be accredited.
4/10 - Willingness to work 2nd shift activities and occasional overtime or weekend support is required
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x223 or (800) 927-9318 x223
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.