- 201181 - Shipping Receiving Coordinator 2
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- Up to $21.97 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Shipping Receiving Coordinator 2 for an opportunity in El Segundo, CA.
Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties; may work out of a central warehouse. Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting. Follows shipping practices and procedures, and transportation routing, schedules and requirements. Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment. (Un)packs or (un)wraps items such as finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc. Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications; logs receipt of items on system, processes freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents; reports materials shipped and bills of lading; posts weight and shipping charges and routes merchandise to destinations.
Support outbounds shipments by validating shipping documents and applying labels
• Staging out going shipments in their perspective locations
• Coordinating with supporting function all paperwork is correct and shipments are pick-up when scheduled
• Receives, checks and packs material, supplies and equipment.
• Checks and verifies identification and count of material, checks items received for shipping, such as production, subcontract, spares orders, and rejections, and D.S.A.R.'s against shipping requests, rejection reports, and other traveling paper.
• Weighs and measures items and refers to packing sheets, and other forms in order to determine proper packaging of items and shipment in accordance with transportability codes.
• Wraps and packs items using preservative and packing materials in accordance with transportability codes.
• Operates material equipment, such as a forklift is required. Maintains valid licenses.
• Assists in the operation of the shipping area and/or the handling of specified classes of items for shipment.
• Preserves raw materials by applying rust and corrosion deterrents. Arranges fumigation of containers when stipulated in contract.
• Receives, maintains and returns reusable containers
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Must be detailed oriented and have good communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with change
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skill
Spend a lot of time at the
computer sending emails, using excel and SAP system to track shipments.
Verifying documents used for shipments & moving parts & material sometimes
large bulky items. Track shipments, organize work area assignment work to
packers. This person is the face other department and will be coordinating with
customers all shift.
High school Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience.
Organized, attention to detail, selfsufficient, forklift certification, customer service, proficient in Outlook & Excel, be
able to lift 50+ pounds
High School Diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. 5:00-2:42.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.