- 201246 - Java Software Developer
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Java Software Engineer for a contract opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
The candidate will be responsible for software development in the Java language.
Responsible for performing in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.Maintains currency, debugs and configures related software products. Works from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications. Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs. Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system. Designs, codes, tests and implements tools for operations automation. Works on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance.
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Performs software project management and software supplier management functions. Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics. Executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under general direction.
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Software engineering and software development with Java/JEE experience. The candidate will have experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management. Candidate must have effective oral and written communication skills and an ability to work effectively in a rapid paced, team environment.
Required technical skills:
- Experience developing enterprise applications
- Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits;
- Knowledge of server side/database development and computer system administration
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable.
Other required technical skills include:
- use of common software development and management tools such as git, Nexus, JIRA, Confluence, maven or Gradle and Eclipse
- understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
Experience in some or all of the following areas desired:
- Command and control system application development
- Previous experience with message translation software
- Automated test and pipeline development experience desired; test driven development
- Experience developing software for Unix/Linux and Windows platforms
- Experience with Software Integration testing including developing automated test scrips
- Prior experience designing and developing microservices and deploying with containers; experience setting up a container environment
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance issues, identify root cause, recommend and develop a solution
- Experience with Risk Management Framework/STIG/Fortify mitigation
The successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment. Applicant should have good working knowledge of MS Office products.
Accredited Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x227 or (800) 927-9318 x227
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.