- 201249 - Test Engineer
- Schriever AFB
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Engineer for a contract opportunity in Schriever AFB, CO .
Support test activities of the MDNT for C2BMC System Engineering functional area. Will work with a multi-contractor team in the development and execution of a comprehensive system test program supporting acquisition and acceptance of the C2BMC Element of the BMDS. Plan, schedule and execute tasks associated with specific test events as assigned. Prepare work products associated with test events, preparing briefings, and obtain MDNT and MDA approval of products. The candidate will report to the System Test Cross Functional Product Team (CFPT) Product Owner and work directly with the Task Order Program Manager and Systems Engineering lead.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Understanding of DoD and missile defense command and control, battle management, architectures and communications system concepts, mission, and common system test and analysis techniques. Experience with developing test objectives, developing test architectures, supporting test case and scenario design, defining configurable parameters for test, and reviewing open paper to identify and mitigate risks with respect to test events. Experience with various M&S-driven test environments, including Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL), Integrated Ground Test (GTI), Distributed Ground Test (GTD), and Flight Test (FT). Ability to prepare and present system test products and clearly communicate these concepts across a broad spectrum of audiences, including high level Missile Defense Agency (MDA), DoD and Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) staffs.
- Previous experience working with Missile Defense mission systems is desired
- Familiarity with performing sprint tasks in an Agile execution structure is desired
- Systems Engineering, Network Design and/or Software Development backgrounds are a plus
- Candidate must have experience with DoD cybersecurity test methodologies and terminologies
- Previous experience planning and executing cyber test activities with external agencies required
- Candidate must have experience participating in system test events
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with people within and external to the program.
- Experience with operational MDA systems (e.g., C2BMC, GMD, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot, SBIRS, ADSI), message standards and formats (e.g., Link-16, TADIL-J, MIL-STD 6016, MIL-STD 6020, MIL-STD 3011, VMF), and/or off-the-shelf engineering tools packages (e.g., MATLAB, DOORS, ClearQuest) a plus.
Accredited Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.