- 201312 - Dimension Control Technician 1
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $15.33 to $19.16 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking one Dimension Control Technician 1 for a contract opportunity in Palmdale, CA.
Lays out, fabricates and assembles a variety of standard and nonstandard major jigs, fixtures, tool masters, master tooling gauges, and related tooling involving compound angels and complex contours where the establishment and coordination to exacting tolerances of numerous tooling holes and reference points between several planes are required. Plans work to be performed and determines methods and sequence of operations working from tool design drawings or own designs. Sets up and operates optical instruments to check overall and detailed alignment, fit, or adjustment of assemblies. Develops and designs holding devices and jig and fixture details. Prepares operational sequences and shop drawings covering parts fabrication and assembly to be performed by others. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Minimum of a High School diploma / GED and 4 years' experience working with Assembly Tooling
- The ability to work off of high ladders and portable platforms, perform heavy lifting, and capable of standing for long
periods of time.
- The ability to work or support any shift as well as overtime as necessary to support the product
- Associate's degree or Technical Certificate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of blueprints, tool design, and engineering drawings.
High School Diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
Must be able to work All Shift:
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x223 or (800) 927-9318 x223
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.