- 201355 - Embedded Software Engineer
- $46.64 to $58.29 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking one Engineer Software 2 for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded flight software and test tools through the full software life cycle for launch vehicles. This includes the development of software requirement specifications and design documentation as well as participating in software process activities including peer reviews, integration testing, and configuration management. The candidate may also work in conjunction with a software project manager to develop schedules, track progress, lead a development team, and support internal and external program and customer meetings.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
experience with large real-time embedded systems and the full software development lifecycle. Experience with software project management is a plus.
• Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
• Experience in embedded real-time software development, debug and test
• Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) environments including VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS or other equivalent RTOS
• Experience with full software development lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Interrupt Service Routine, Device Driver, and chip level software development and debugging experience including Board Support Package development
• Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools (debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
• Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development tools
• Experience with PowerPC processors (PPC 750, 8260 & 8280) and/or ARM processors
• Familiarity with DOORS (Requirement Management System), Jira/Git (configuration management)
• Experience with CMM/SEI, Agile, or equivalent software development process
• Experience with UML in developing design models
• Experience with space craft or launch systems software development is highly desired.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x227 or (800) 927-9318 x227
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.