- 201387 - Design Engineer
- $70 to $80.00 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Design Engineer for a contract opportunity in Alpharetta, GA.
• Perform EMI analysis/simulations using tools such as CST, HFSS, Sonnet, FEKO, Mathcad, MATLAB, SPICE tools, etc.
• Generate EMI/EMC analysis, design, and mitigation reports
• Perform design and test support to achieve EMI compliance.
• Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, and evaluate programs for Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3).
• Create an EMI Control Plan, Test Plan, Test Procedure, Test Report and other applicable documents.
• Operate EMC test equipment, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc.
• Direct EMI testing activities and participate in EMI related system and sub-system troubleshooting efforts.
• Represents system engineering design artifacts at internal and external customer meetings and audits.
• Be involved with the requirements generation, systems design, and development and testing of our avionics products.
• Defines system architectures, interface definitions, key capabilities, performance requirements, and maturity constraints that meet mission requirements.
• Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
• Experienced in Model Based Development (MBSE), behavioral modeling/simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration, and change management.
• Understanding of Optical Characteristics of flight displays with the knowledge of functions of Glass Manufacturer OEM’s.
• Understanding of ARP-4754A and ARP-4761 system and safety development process.
• Experienced in creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s) and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
• Experienced in generating Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) and Design Verification Testing (DVT) reports.
• Working knowledge of engineering tools for requirements capture (DOORS, JAMA etc...)
• Familiar with high-level objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C and DO-160 development processes.
• Working knowledge of the commercial and military communications protocols (RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX) and ARINC 818 (Fiber).
• In depth familiarity with MIL certification processes and procedures.
• Prior experience providing technical engineering documentation for proposal development and/or response
• High-level understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality, and customer acceptance review processes
• Prior experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and/or cross-\functional Engineering team
• Experience working with Engineering Leadership / Program Management providing direct support for internal and or external customers
• Prior experience working on multiple concurrent projects with competing deadlines
• Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture, design, and decomposition methods.
• In depth working knowledge of system validation, verification, and integration processes for highly complex product developments.
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineer and/or related Degree
• 9-10+ years of relevant engineering experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.