- 201391 - Procurement Analyst
- CA-Central California
- $28 to $35.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Procurement Analyst for a contract opportunity in Anaheim, CA.
Under supervision of the Manager of Procurement, the Buyer II is responsible to source, negotiate, and procure materials, supplies, and services cost-effectively and in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner while maintaining the highest level of integrity, quality, and on-time deliveries ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Select sources, obtain quotes, negotiate, and procure materials and services awarding based upon company policy.
2. Prepare required paperwork for Purchase Order package, shippers, RFPs/RFQs, supplier and interdepartmental correspondence, etc.
3. Verify accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals, purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts.
4. Reviews and updates purchase order terms and conditions to comply with Government, customer, and company requirements.
5. Interface with both current and potential suppliers in order to (1) determine best price and delivery for current requirements, and (2) remain abreast of economic and business situations relating to procurement activity.
6. Assist other departments by obtaining samples and data for Engineering, Certifications of Inspection, and clarifying paperwork for Receiving, Inspection, and Accounting, etc.
7. Maintain total ownership of suppliers deliveries. Actions taken could include obtaining prints, samples, delivery dates, corrective action, and resolution to discrepant materials. Will likely involve negotiating with supplier when supplier caused rework occurs.
8. Track open purchase order and open requisition backlog reports for all items requiring expedited handling/oversight or at schedule risk.
9. Perform regular follow-up to ensure supplier schedule adherence.
10. Evaluate supplier performance (quality/ delivery), chart monthly performance results, and provide feedback for improvement.
11. Process rejected materials back to supplier within a timely manner of receipt of dispositioned MDR.
12. Interface with Engineering/Planning on Drawing discrepancies, B.O.M., and EOs. Work with Program Managers on problems which effect meeting contract requirements.
13. Travel to suppliers to support source surveillance, assist with negotiations, or attend milestone meetings, as deemed necessary.
14. Implement Supplier Corrective Actions when necessary.
15. Support suppliers in determining appropriate manpower and machine capacity available to support delivery schedule of product and solicit supplier suggestions in process or tooling improvements to assure on time delivery of quality product.
16. Conduct desk audits on a weekly basis to determine if their desk queue is meeting company standards of placing requisitions, updating purchase orders, processing RTVs, MDRs, AVRs and tracking to completion to avoid delivery impact.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
3+ years relevant experience in Supply Chain or Procurement Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to print)
General knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement regulations
General knowledge of CPSR Government audit requirements
Demonstrated ability work in cross functional settings with Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
General understand of negotiations, price and or cost analysis, and the development of new suppliers that meet Government Requirements.
General Understanding of Manufacturing Quality Systems.
Experience interpreting technical scopes and requisitions to facilitate purchase
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external customers and suppliers. Ability to effectively present information to top management and suppliers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability for 100% accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals to purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited High School graduation required.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; 3-6+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional years of education may count as credit toward required years of related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.