- 201395 - Engineer Quality 2
- $45.84 to $57.30 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Quality 2 for an opportunity in Sykesville, MD.
• Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Performs oversight and monitoring of program risks and opportunities
• Assists in the performance of independent quality reviews to ensure compliance with contractual and customer requirements.
• Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
• Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction assuring process and product quality. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
• May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
• May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in a related STEM field and 5+ years; of relevant experience (MS Degree + 3 years; PhD with 0 years of exp)
• Solid written and verbal interpersonal, communication skills and confidence to brief senior management with solid foundation in Mission Assurance applications.
• Ability to coordinate customer communications across multiple, diverse sites
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams to resolve problems or issues
• Manufacturing or Quality Assurance Experience
• Trained and experienced in performing Root Cause Corrective Action
• Experience working with electrical or mechanical design requirements and specifications.
• Experience with SAP
• Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
• Experience working with manufacturing and/or integration and test
• Experience in planning and organizing activities across multiple manufacturing locations
• Experience with AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management
• Record of increasing responsibility supporting manufacturing, electrical, and mechanical engineering organizations
• Experience in quality planning
• Mentor lesser experienced engineers on areas of manufacturing
School must be accredited.
100% on site.
Travel 10% of the Time
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.