- 201543 - Scientist I, Microbiology
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- $28 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist I, Microbiology for a contract opportunity in Carlsbad, CA.
This position will work in the cGMP compliant QC Microbiology Laboratory supporting manufacture of biological products. Responsibilities include performing and providing support for functional aspects of the facility such as environmental monitoring (EM), microbiological testing (bioburden, bacterial endotoxin testing, growth promotion, biological indicators, stock cultures), media fills, water testing and validation support.
The incumbent will be expected to write and technically interpret controlled documents and reports, and review data produced by self and initiate investigations. Will interact with other departments to ensure that environmental monitoring scheduling and sample flow, are correctly maintained.
Will interact with other departments to ensure that sample flow, supply chain, and equipment disposition are correctly maintained. Will assist with qualifications (equipment, media, clean room, etc..). Will assist with Test Record and SOP revisions. Will assist in writing reports.
• Perform environmental monitoring of a biological production facility according to written procedures, while fully gowned, including operational monitoring and personnel monitoring during aseptic processing and filling.
• Oversee aliquoting/sterile filling operations and ensure acceptable aseptic techniques are employed on the floor.
• Qualify and perform microbiological testing such as bioburden, bacterial endotoxin and biological indicator testing
• Draft SOPs, Test Records, Qualification Protocols, OOS Environmental Investigations and Summary reports and any supporting documents (Reagent Preparations, Equipment SOPs etc)
• Review data EM data, analyze and summarize data with guidance.
• Order laboratory supplies and maintain required inventory according to SOPs
• Perform laboratory and equipment cleaning and preventive maintenance and calibration
• Read and report microbiological test results
• Perform Gram stains and arrange shipments of samples to contract labs for identification
• Maintains and ensures safe laboratory practices. Also drafts and reviews Job Hazard Analysis for assays.
• Other assigned duties could include sample logging and assisting with shipment preparations
• LIMS experience preferred
• A minimum of one year of work experience within the biological and/or pharmaceutical industry is preferred. A graduate degree and appropriate hands-on college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for required experience
• Laboratory documentation, reports, and correspondence
Hands on experience with aseptic technique, light microscopy, bioburden testing, bacterial endotoxin testing and general microbiological techniques.
Familiarity with microbial taxonomy and identification.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Chemical/Biological Engineering.
WORK HOURS: This position is a M-F 8pm-430am Flexibility and overtime may be required on holidays and weekends to support project timelines.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.