- 201548 - Software Engineer
- Salt Lake City
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract opportunity in Salt Lake City, UT.
We are currently seeking an Senior Software Engineer with a background and experience in embedded real-time software development. This position requires an individual to support existing, new and next generation military communications applications. An engineer in this position is responsible for leading projects, developing and managing schedules, providing responses to bid and proposals, deriving software requirements, adding features to current designs and creating the design and developing applications implementing these requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects
• Demonstrated presentation abilities
• Demonstrated ability to manage complicated development schedules
• Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production
• Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Review code and design documents
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Integrate and validate new product designs
• Provide production support
• Interface with hardware design and development
• Assess third party and open source software license documentation
• BS degree
• 4+ years software engineering experience
• 4+ years C++ experience
• 2+ years experience with embedded real-time operating systems
• 2+ years embedded cybersecurity software engineering
• 10+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
• Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Must have solid presentation and writing skills
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
• Solid programming experience in C and C++.
• Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
• Additional programming languages a plus
• Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows and/or other signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-485, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocol a plus.
• An understanding of Common Datalink Waveforms a plus
• Adequate ability of reading schematics a
Accredited BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with embedded software experience,
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.