- 201565 - Buyer
- Up to $29.69 DOE
- 9 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for a contract opportunity in Tulsa, OK.
Under limited supervision of the Manager of Procurement, the Senior Buyer is responsible to negotiate, procure, and provide materials, supplies and services cost-effectively and in a timely manner while maintaining the highest level of integrity, quality, and on time deliveries.
1. Select sources, obtain quotes, negotiate, and procure materials and services awarding based upon company policy.
2. Prepare required paperwork for Purchase Order package, shippers, RFPs/RFQs, supplier and interdepartmental correspondence, etc.
3. Verify accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals to purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts, and sign purchase orders.
4. Interface with both current and potential suppliers in order to (1) determine best price and delivery for current requirements, and (2) remain abreast of economic and business situations relating to procurement activity.
5. Reviews purchase order terms and conditions to comply with Government, customer, and company requirements. Provides management with input towards resolution.
6. Assist other departments by obtaining samples and data for Engineering, Certifications of Inspection, and clarifying paperwork for Receiving, Inspection, and Accounting, etc.
7. Maintain total ownership of supplier’s deliveries. Actions taken could include obtaining prints, samples, delivery dates, corrective action, and resolution to discrepant materials. Will likely involve negotiating with supplier when supplier caused rework occurs.
8. Track open purchase order and open requisition backlog reports for all items requiring expedited handling/oversight or at schedule risk.
9. Perform regular follow-up to ensure supplier schedule adherence.
10. Evaluate supplier performance (quality/ delivery), chart monthly performance results, and provide feedback for improvement.
11. Process rejected materials back to supplier within a timely manner of receipt of dispositioned MDR.
12. Interface with Engineering/Planning on Drawing discrepancies, B.O.M., and EO’s. Work with Program Managers on problems which affect meeting contract requirements.
13. Travel to suppliers to support source surveillance, assist with negotiations, or attend milestone meetings, as deemed necessary.
14. Implement Supplier Corrective Actions when necessary.
15. Support suppliers in determining appropriate manpower and machine capacity available to support delivery schedule of product and solicit supplier suggestions in process or tooling improvements to assure on time delivery of quality product.
16. Conduct desk audits on a weekly basis to determine if their desk “queue” is meeting company standards of placing requisitions, updating purchase orders, processing RTVs, MDRs, AVRs and tracking to completion to avoid delivery impact, ensure suppliers are meeting current quality acceptance and on time delivery goals.
17. Develop new vendors and participate with Engineering in the evaluation and selection of alternate source of supply in accordance with Director Materials approval
18. Function as a Subject Matter Expert with regard to particular commodity and associated industry quality standards.
19. Participate on Corporate sponsored teams and take part in Corporate level training, when available.
20. Assist with the supplier management processes and communicate internal customer needs.
21. Assist Material estimating/ Pricing with proposal support, including supplier pricing, analysis, and required FAR documentation, etc.
22. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
6+ years relevant experience in Supply Chain or Procurement Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to print)
Working knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement regulations
Working knowledge of CPSR Government audit requirements
Demonstrated ability work in cross functional settings with Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
Advanced knowledge of negotiations, price and or cost analysis, and the development of new suppliers that meet Government Requirements.
Demonstrated understanding of Manufacturing Quality Systems.
Experience interpreting technical scopes and requisitions to facilitate purchase
Willingness/Ability to lead cross-functional projects
Willingness/Ability to support and guide professional colleagues on processes and procedures.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Working knowledge of MRP systems
Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite)
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability for 100% accuracy of all documentation including but not limited to supplier proposals to purchase orders, file documentation, invoices and receipts.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal or external customers and suppliers. Ability to effectively present information to top management and suppliers.
Accredited Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and/or 6-10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional education may counted toward required years of related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.