- 201568 - Expeditor
- Up to $30.14 DOE
- 8 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Expeditor for a contract opportunity in Philadelphia, PA.
Maintain strategic alliances and partnerships that have already been established by the Supply Chain organization. Will be responsible to manage small to medium orders with suppliers. Conduct conference calls and develop good lines of communications to make sure all purchase orders are acknowledged. Understand the Terms and Conditions, Quality Requirements and flow down to the supply base. Streamline the order fulfillment process to ensure suppliers quality and delivery meet performance metrics. Immediately escalate any issues to a buyer or management so a proper course of action can be implemented. Expedite and manage supplier deliveries per the needs of the company.
1. Responsible to manage the delivery of material from assigned commodities of production.
2. Control and manage the inventory integrity of purchased items in the MRP data base associated with the commodities.
3. Manage supplier relationships of those commodities assigned and assist in the development and implementation of supplier base strategies.
4. Resolving supplier base problem, including negotiations on IR's, invoicing, receipt discrepancy, terms and conditions, and service levels.
5. Provide guidance to the company on key events in the selected commodities that may effect the business plans of the company.
6. Maintain documentation control in compliance with FAR regulations and company procedures and policies.
7. Manage selected projects as assigned.
8. Representations on cross-functional teams as assigned by management to represent the Supply Chain department in various projects to assure the proper management of the commodity through change.
9. Be responsible for key performance indicators such as Supplier On-time Delivery, Purchase Order Confirmations, backlog of items blocked at receiving.
10. Monitor blocked, excess, and restricted inventory and drives actions to reduce the percentage of nonworking inventory.
11. Also partners with external departments including Manufacturing, Production Scheduling, Procurement, Warehousing, and Quality to resolve issues impacting areas of responsibility.
12. Utilize ERP system to monitor inventory levels, plan deliveries, and generate reports.
13. Collaborate effectively with cross-functional business partners.
14. Expedite and de-expedite orders as needed
1-3 years of experience in managing the delivery schedule of suppliers or planning in an MRP (ERP) driven manufacturing environment.
Experience in government / FAR buying environment is also preferred.
1. Business experience.
2. Skilled in the use of Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Point, Word, as well as Sharepoint
3. Understanding and working knowledge of engineering documentation, Product Configuration is a plus
4. Solid understanding of business processes and functional inter-relationships
5. Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
6. Excellent understanding of MRP system
7. Requires ability to respond effectively to unforeseen events and initiate actions to reduce impact.
Accredited Business/technical degrees or equivalent preferred.APICS/CPM certification preferred.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.